Llanllwchaearn community is situated within the heart of Ceredigion and is part of the Llandysilio-go-go Ward. The Community is represented by 7 elected members. There is also a County Councillor who represents the whole Ward. The Community comprises of Maen y Groes, Cross Inn, and Cei Bach villages along with parts of Cnwc y Lili, Pentre’r Bryn, Gilfachrheda, and Llaingarreglwyd. The Council has a variety of responsibilities and holds monthly meetings at Maen y Groes Chapel Festry in order to deal with the work. A part-time clerk is employed to cover the administrative work and an annual Precept is received from the County Council to fund its work. The Council administers an annual grant scheme which provides financial support for local organisations.
Cross Inn: Cross Inn developed during the 18th century around a tavern located at a local crossroads, ‘The Cross Inn’, hence the name. The tavern was renamed Penrhiwgaled Arms at the turn of the 19th century, in honour of the proprietors. The local Penrhiwgaled estate also owned the surrounding land and most of the local houses at that time. Cross Inn saw further growth at the end of the 19th century with the building of several key institutions – Holy Trinity Church (1871), Penuel CM Chapel (1872) and Llanllwchaearn School (1875). Today, Cross Inn is the mercantile hub of the neighbourhood.
Maen-y-groes: Maen-y-groes developed around a crossroads on marshy land above New Quay called Y Gwastad Mawr. In 1828 a Congregational Chapel was built on the land of a nearby smallholding called Maen-y-groes. The village grew around the crossroads at Y Gwastad Mawr but was named in honour of the chapel.
Pentre’r Bryn: Pentre’r Bryn developed around a smallholding named Bryn-coch (the site of the present-day Brownhill Caravan Park) and others. The second half of the 20th century saw considerable residential infill between the existing smallholdings. The village has been serviced by Brynrhiwgaled Congregational Chapel since 1781, the area’s mother-chapel. Pentre’r Bryn was chosen by residents as the official name of the ‘new’ village in 1995.
Gilfachreda: Gilfachreda lies along the Afon Gido and developed around a mill and a factory that used the river as a renewable power source. Wern Congregational Chapel nearby was built in 1815 on land owned by Plas y Wern, Llanarth.